sábado, 24 de marzo de 2012

INTERNET AND MULTIMEDIA WEEK 3 





In this week we continue with the explanation about ‘’Plagiarism’’.This is a very extensive topic because it Involves many bad things.Firstable, plagiarism is a crime committed for a lot of people every day I almost all parts of the world. In our country this crime doesn’t have a penalty, since we are a children we commit plagiarism because we use someone else’s information, and we forget to mention the source, where the information comes from. This situation continues happening until now. Actually with technology we are able to access without problem to any kind of information from all parts of the world, we can download this information and we can copy and paste, but this is not the idea. We can use a lot of information sources in other to do a good essay, composition, research paper or something like that. I mean that we can use every single information that we find, but the idea is to think, reflect and after that make our own conclusions about it. We have millions of ways to use in a good way the information. I learned how to avoid this kid of electronic crime, only I have to follow a set of rules in different website that Teacher Wilma provides us. I will use these knowledge in my professional life every day when I have to do my Essays, Compositions, Researches, Homework, etc.And I think that is will be very useful when I have to do my final thesis.As a final point I am learning how to use the APA style to avoid plagiarism.  
I use these links to find more information about the topic




 



2 comentarios:

  1. I agree , as you mention you are right, we have grown up in a culture that was not bad seen to take someone´s else information. It was beceause we have always researched information of someone else without knowing we are obbligated to give his credit to the author. Fortunately, now we know that doing it is a crime, so I think I will be more careful about all this controversial topic. I also think that according you say, it will be good to apply ways of avoiding plagiarism in our assignments

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks for your comment Ivan, is good to know that someone else is agree with me.We must mention the author of any kind of resource.

    ResponderEliminar